If you are an avid gardener you may have spent many Happy hours tending to your garden. However there are times when despite your best efforts things don’t always turn out the way you want them to. This can be pretty tiring and frustrating. Instances where the bushes or the shrubs might overlap, weeds which just don’t stop growing despite constant efforts. All this can be manageable with the help of modern garden edging ideas.
The following are some classy ideas that can completely change the aesthetics of your garden and bring along a host of benefits associated with garden edging.
Interesting modern garden edging ideas
- You can choose a beautiful and rustic wooden edging to give your garden a charming and quaint look. All the while the hedging is completely eco friendly and does not involve any metals or vinyl. If you are a big fan of keeping things green all the time you may definitely find the wooden edging idea interesting enough to be implemented.
- Choose classic stone borders. You can make use of different light or dark colored stones to create a cheap yet clean looking border for your plants. You can create definition by choosing stones of different sizes and colors to give a natural yet completely appealing look. You can have your pick of stones from a nearby rocky area or you may even purchased some online.
- Consider using gabion walls. These are combination of wooden and stone structures to create an interesting ambience in your garden. Gabion retaining wall is essential if you have a host of shrubs or small trees growing on one side of your garden. It helps demarcate a neat boundary and keep things in place.
- Plastic garden edging doesn’t have to look cheap or out of place. You can definitely use plastic edging which is painted in a dark neutral color to accentuate your garden and bring out the neatly growing flower beds.
- You can even make use of recycled bottles to create interesting pattern and separate the flower beds from each other. Get your hands on brightly colored bottles of juices of wine and place them to create the boundaries. You can choose to mix or match colors or create depth by using colors belonging to the same color family.
- Laminated wood edgings are not only beautiful to look at but can actually help prevent the accumulation of rot or mold. Any other kind of edging might collect dust and debris and start looking old before time. However with the help of laminated wood this problem can be prevented and your edging would keep looking as good as new year round.
- The reliable concrete edging. One of the most budget friendly edging techniques is to make use of concrete layers to create a definition for your garden. Beautifully cut slabs of concrete can be placed vertically to create a stylish and modern look.
Try to decide which types of modern garden edging works best for your home design and budget. Make sure to talk to an expert for proper guidance and assistance.