A commercial electrician is a licensed individual that is responsible for wiring and installation of electrical systems in commercial premises. They operate larger systems in huge buildings such as shopping malls. In Canberra, the capital city of Australia there exists quite a number of these commercial buildings as well as many commercial electricians. Here is a brief article about the general behaviours and traits of the commercial electricians in Canberra.
What are some of the good qualities of a commercial electrician?
A commercial electrician should possess the following fundamental characteristics in order to make an excellent electrician:
- Applicable stipulated licences – it is a requirement by the law that any commercial electrician must have relevant licences in order to engage in any electrical work on commercial premises.
- They should be reliable – a good commercial electrician should be time conscious and be able to work efficiently. They should always be prepared for the job within the stipulated time.
- They should be rich in knowledge in the electrical field – They should have vast experience and have a background of successful accomplishments in the electrical field.
- They should be transparent in their pricing and quotation – They should have some level of honesty when it comes to quotation and the price of the required tools.
- They should be physically fit and be able to withstand the difficulties that accompany the job.
Some of the duties and responsibilities of a commercial electrician
A commercial electrician is involved in various duties and responsibilities. The most common ones are as outlined below:
- Planning of the projects and creating work schedules – This is a very crucial step for a commercial electrician because it is the phase that determines the overall project.
- Wiring of lighting systems and power circuits – wiring is also one of the major duty of an electrician. For a commercial electrician, they have to survey, plan and organise the wiring process on a commercial premise since the buildings are usually large.
- Generally overseeing the overall project on the site, e.g. instructing employees, ordering and invoicing.
- Troubleshoot and install electrical products in the commercial premises.
- Close monitoring of trainees and ensure they are gaining some knowledge as well as making sure that they take in safety measures before engaging in any related work.
- Regular maintenance of the commercial electrical appliance – making sure that everything about electrical pieces of equipment on the commercial premises runs smoothly and efficiently.
State of commercial buildings in Canberra, Australia
Canberra is one of the cities around the world known for its best design and craft in its commercial buildings. It has one of the best and unique buildings thanks to the skilled house builders that it has nurtured. Therefore, any commercial electrician that wants to engage a commercial premise around this city must be really smart and a quick thinker or visionary. The buildings require a good surveyor who can look at things and be able to see beyond them. As a result, commercial electricians in Canberra are very smart and very intelligent with a lot of expertise in the house building field.
How to obtain Licence for commercial electricians in Canberra?
The power supply for commercial premises is three-phased, and this means that a commercial electrician should be highly trained to be good at their job. In order to qualify as a professional commercial electrician, you must undertake a relevant course in the field and have some years of on-the-field practical experience. One of the courses to take is Certificate III in Electrotechnology. There are other courses related to this field, and you can get them on the internet.