A commercial electrician is a licensed individual that is responsible for wiring and installation of electrical systems in commercial premises.Read more
Nowadays, it’s common to find CCTV cameras installed in every corner of a commercial building or home. The effectiveness ofRead more
You might be thinking whether it’s a good idea to call up an air conditioning service Gold Coast for gettingRead more
Shiny floors can upgrade any room while putting life back to your old timber floors. In Brisbane, timber floor polishing Brisbane can either be a DIY project or hiring an expert to do it.
While polishing timber floors is one of the popular DIY jobs, not doing it right will cost you more. The outcome of bad floor polishing is either to replace the whole flooring or have a dubious-looking floor.
Timber floors are expensive and it would be an instant nightmare when you have to replace them. But, that would be the outcome if polishing is not done properly.
However, if you’re brave enough to try polishing your timber floors, following some good tips prevents damaging them.
The best flooring for all offices and homes are timber floors. They are low-maintenance, they are sturdy, and they are eco-friendly. They are not only pleasing to the eye but they come in a range of styles, colours, and shapes to suit any decor. The main advantage timber floors provide is their easy restoration by polishing them after they have become old and tainted.
If your home needs renovation, one of the cheapest upgrades to do is to polish the timber floors. Over time, erosion happens to timber floors and improving their appearance and quality is to give them a good polishing.
Polishing the floors is also the ideal way of removing surface imperfections, scratches, and water stains. The only deep stain that polishing can’t probably remove is animal urine.
Prep the room
The most important step before anything else is to prep the room. While this seems obvious, not doing it right can cause health and environmental issues.
Prepping the room needs:
- Removing all furniture out of the room. For furniture that is integral parts of the room, covering and sealing all their exposed parts ensures their protection.
- Carpets have to be removed as well. Use a sharp knife to cut the carpet into small pieces if it proves too heavy and cumbersome. Vinyl flooring or tiles also need to be removed.
- Nailing down any loose boards.
- Removing all food if the polishing is going to be done on the kitchen floors
- Remove all debris and dust by vacuuming and sweeping the floors
- Keep all windows open while polishing is going on
Two kinds of floor polishes
Oil-based and water-based are common types of floor finishes. The ideal one to use is the water-based for they take less time to cure and odour is tolerable.
Shine levels are with the polishes as well. The glossy type is the best option for mirror-like shiny floors. Less light but a good contrast to the decor of the room is provided by matte and semi-matte finishes.
Take the time to read the manufacturer’s instructions to get the proper mix of varnishes. Bubble formation is avoided with smooth brush strokes using a special varnish brush.
Polishing the timber floors can be an easy DIY job if done properly. However, making a mistake can be costly. If unsure, it’s better to let the experts handle the polishing. In the long run, hiring an expert is more cost-effective and hassle-free than doing the job yourself. We are glad to help. Contact MJS Flooring Sanding and Polishing in Brisbane.
As the heat index increase over the years, staying comfortable within your home can be next to impossible. Fans willRead more
Are you looking for carpet cleaning services? Has the carpet started smelling moldy? Does it look frayed and old and looks like it could do with a thorough cleaning? While vacuuming can help get rid of the larger dust particles it can’t quite eliminate the dust which has embedded in the carpet. Also the odor which lies deep within doesn’t go anywhere and needs to be dealt with professionally. A regular servicing of the carpet ensures that it stays looking clean and fresh. For this you need to hire professional carpet cleaning services.
Why hire a carpet cleaning service?
Most people think that they can handle cleaning their carpet on their own. While it may sound feasible, the results are certainly not up to the standards of a professional cleaning service. Plus the professional service people know the right kind of techniques on ensuring that the carpet is cleaned properly without causing as little damage a possible. In fact they make use of specially prepared cleaning agents which are gentle yet effective at cleaning the carpet of spills and stains. The cleaning done by professionals also helps get rid of the moldy smell. They have the right kind of tools as well which could help make cleaning much easier and faster. Once the cleaning services are done, you would be surprised to see how beautiful the carpet look once again. The amount of dirt settled in can make the vivid colors fade. Cleaning it properly can revitalize the carpet and make it look as good as new.
What are some of the professional carpet cleaning methods?
These are some of the professional carpet cleaning methods:
• Dry carpet cleaning methods though common are usually used in context with the following methods.
• Professionals make use of warm water, cleaning agent and a rapid extraction method to quickly and effectively clean the carpet.
• Use of pressure cleaners can help lift stubborn stains. When paired with cleaning agent high pressure cleaners can actually work wonders for the carpet.
• Some professionals also make use of steam cleaning machines. The steam is gentle on the fiber of the carpet and doesn’t damage it while also effectively cleaning the stains.
• Eco-friendly cleaning agents can be gentle on the carpet and would cause very little to almost no damage.
• Dry steam cleaning methods uses a jet free rotating tool which cleans as well as dries the carpets a great deal faster.
Since professionals use all of the above methods, its best to hire them for carpet cleaning services. Once the carpet has been thoroughly cleaned by the professionals, make sure to vacuum it on a regular basis. Dust the area regularly and try to get rid of the stains as soon as you see them. This would prevent the stains from becoming permanent.
Make sure that you hire the right carpet cleaning services. They should have the right kind of professional experience and a good track record of offering quality services. Also make sure that they handle carpet cleaning services for both residential and commercial spaces.