Nowadays, it’s common to find CCTV cameras installed in every corner of a commercial building or home. The effectiveness of CCTV cameras is what’s made it the most popular security system to think of when protecting your property. It is cost-effective and easy to install security measures. We understand that each premise or home requirements are unique and may require custom installation, which is possible when dealing with professional CCTV installers. Also, the quality of the cameras and file storage system is a factor that determines the cost of installation. The following are some of the benefits of installing CCTV cameras in your business premises or homes.
CCTV cameras can increase the security level of your business premises or homes. Have a look at some of these benefits:
- Insurance deductions: while installing CCTV cameras helps in security surveillance, it also helps reduce insurance deductions a great deal. It adds value to the owner when evaluating insurance policy. You will not pay as much as you would in terms of insurance deductions without CCTV cameras. CCTV cameras have a huge impact on the monthly amount you pay to insurance companies.
- Visual crime deterrent: by clearly indicating the presence of CCTV cameras in your premises, you prevent unwanted guests around and deter pre-planned crimes. Burglars are less likely to target your premises when they know CCTV surveillance is present. In-house petty stealing is eliminated from unscrupulous employees who might be tempted to steal from your business.
- You can monitor the perimeter from the safety of your home: you can set up various blind spots in your compound so that you can check your compound while inside for extra peace of mind. When you hear an unusual noise, within the compound you can check to see what is intruding in and take necessary actions before it’s too late. Home security camera installation gives you a peephole to know who’s at the gate when the bell rings to have an idea whom you are opening the door for before they enter.
- Identify criminals: CCTVs act as preventive systems and also to identify criminals to be charged in the court of law. It provides concrete and watertight evidence against the culprits caught on the footage. This helps keep the streets safer and burglar-free.
- Little to no maintenance: once the cameras are installed, it can work for many years providing surveillance without requiring maintenance. The only exception would be for wipes and check-ups by professionals and additional file storage systems when they become limited.
- Budget-friendly: you can install cameras fit for your budget and have your home or business under 24/7 CCTV surveillance, and there is a budget for everyone.
- Weatherproof: CCTV cameras are weatherproof and can stay outdoors for many years without damage or wear.
Why you cannot rely on CCTV alone to secure your property
We all agree that CCTV plays a great role in securing properties and deterring criminal activities, but they can’t physically prevent entry. A determined robbery or armed robber will not back down simply because a property has a CCTV surveillance. There have to be other supportive measures to incorporate to tighten security. One example is alarm systems and security guards. It is hard for a burglar or robber to enter into a property when all the security measures above are in place.